Τρίτη 3 Ιουλίου 2012

Excavation

Today and for the rest of the week, I volunteered for an arcaeological excavation!

I'm a first-timer in this and it was really interesting. 

I was expecting an Indiana Jones kind of setup, but it was really nothing like that.  

We went to the mountain really early in the morning, before July's heat came burning. Some knowing people took us in a place where you could see fragments of pottery lying about in the dirt. The place is believed to have something to do with Achilles. They have scanned underground and found remains of a town. This happened last year and this year they will begin digging. 

I got the impression they are hoping to dig up something important, but they will not know until later. 

Today they put up the poles indicating the excavation area. All we did as volunteers was look and walk around. Fresh air and HUGE grass-hoppers!

We then left and were planning a walk in the river. 

We took our shoes off and cooled our feet into the river's fresh water. Blue dragonflies were the residents of this magical place! it was the first time I put my feet into a river. It was so refreshing!



This is a different summer and I love it!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου