Πέμπτη 2 Ιανουαρίου 2014

a new year starts on a mountain


New year was approaching. I needed to get away. Not to escape, just change my scenery for a few days. My best friend G. has a house on the mountain. The village is built under mount Parnassus.

I have a craving for mountains, they give me strength. Tall and strong, mountains stand tall for years, decades, centuries and whisper secrets only the sensitive can hear.

I wanted this journey to be my first outward journey alone, without my dad. He did offer to come with me, but I felt confident enough to do it alone. Got in the car and off I went. I drove off the highway, climbed a mountain, went down from the mountain and then a plain land before I started to ascend again. All the time I was driving, feeling grateful I could see this winter scenery... It was sunny and warm and the colours of winter sweet and rusty. I was feeling a deep sensation of gratitude. Gratitude for allowing myself to drive. Gratitude for this golden vehicle which took me where I needed to go. Gratitude for my beloved friend who invited me. Gratitude for myself, being brave enough to drive on unknown territory. Gratitude for Freeda who slept peacefully in the back of the car during the journey. Gratitude for all the choices I have made in life.

The days on the mountain were spent walking in nature, eating good food, drinking wine and playing board games with my friend. Our dogs were right there with us. The mountain was right there, above us. Mostly covered by winter fog. I bet the nymphs and elfs were having a party under the fog, while it was raining or possibly snowing up there.

The smell of burnt wood and the bare trees. New Year was approaching. The pages of the new year are still empty and bare. Are we gonna fill them with all the things that matter? Are the pages gonna be filled with the love and gratitude? The laughs and the tears? We will see.

On the first day of the year it was time to come back home. It was a rainy, foggy day. Driving again. Scared, but determined to get back home safely. I told myself there is no need to be scared. I can just be grateful again! I got my driver's licence last February - not even a year ago - and I have already travelled to Athens, Skyros and now the mountain! I'm so proud of myself! It was indeed misty and foggy on the way back. But mr Ray Charles was singing his wonderful songs, giving me a safety sensation.

2013 was indeed a wonderful year and 2014 will be yet another wondeful year.

Have a good day my friends...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου