Δευτέρα 3 Ιανουαρίου 2011

2011, Time for more travelling!

I came back from my studies in1999. From 1995 to 1999 I travelled to the UK, Amsterdam, Paris and Italy.

And then a long pause. A ten year pause. I never set my foot to an airport except to pick up a friend who was coming. Hundreds of airplanes were coming and going. Thousands of traveller's were travelling. And I had problems. Financial problems usually. I could not travel. And then, in an instant, I decided it again.

2009. May. I wanted it to be a "difficult" destination. CAIRO. Not in Europe. It would give a visa stamp to my passport. I din't have much money. I had money for three days. Three days. Alone in Cairo. I was crying when I got on the airplane... Ten years. I was flying after ten long years... And I was going out of Europe! Almost no-one new. It was my well kept secret... And I had the time of my life. I was safe and I did all the touristic stuff.

It made me want more.

2010. February. London. I saw my friends after ten long years. Not much had changed. It felt like home. Four days. Just like that.

2010. June. My travels start with the two horse farms. Skyros was the best.

2010. October. Italy. Not for four days, but for two months.

The reason I need to write all this is that I need to remind myself where I was and where I am. All the long years I did not even realise how much I love to travel. All the years I believed it was not my heart's desire. I need to remind myself. I need to promise myself I will never leave her aside for so long.

2011 is a new year. I have come back to draw the strength to leave again. And it will be dedicated to travelling.

4 σχόλια:

  1. Dear Elina,
    I just found your blog and read some parts of it... And it's beautiful! I love your way of writing. It made me feel quiet and inspired. So, go on! Thank you for sharing your experience, and a happy new year!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Εύχομαι στα ταξίδια σου μέσα στο 2011 να βρεις κομμάτια του εαυτού σου.Περιμένω νέες εικόνες και εντυπώσεις .Καλή χρονιά

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Ελίνα χαρηκα πολυ που σε είδα σήμερα.Συνέχισε τα ταξίδια αλλά μην ξεχνάς και το τραγούδια μιας και έχεις απίστευτη φωνή.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Dear Napoleon,
    It's nice to hear kind words like this from a stranger who is miles and miles apart...
    Dear Vam,
    Ευχαριστώ πολύ που ακολουθείς, που γράφεις, που αγαπάς. Να εισαι καλά.
    Dear Tolis,
    Τα χρονια περνάνε κι εμεις συναντιομαστε... Και όσο μεγαλώνουμε ομορφαίνουμε και πλουτίζουμε. Κάτι θα κάνω και με τη φωνή, κάποια στιγμή στο μέλλον!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή