Πέμπτη 27 Ιανουαρίου 2011

Thoughts on the times that change...


The cat is sleeping in my lap. A quiet, cold morning.

I’m thinking of the changes that the earth is going through. Dead animals, diseases, floods…

I saw my good friend George yesterday. A friend who is a teacher and a healer. And he told me a line which stayed in my mind. Our generation hasn’t got an example on how to react and go. We are all improvising. Improvising for a new life, a new state of being.

He said, it’s easy to open a restaurant, it’s easy to become a policeman, people have done it before.

How about coming into a new age where nothing materialistic matters anymore? How do you do it? How do you react in this new age? I am improvising. Everybody is improvising. Old recipes do not work anymore.

Take me for example. I was always different. I never wanted what others wanted... And, before therapy, I thought there must be something wrong with me. But I don't doupt anymore... I don’t have a car, I don’t even know how to drive one. I never had any major possessions like a house of my own. My bank account had just enough money to get me through a month or it was empty. What do I have to lose? Nothing. I was always searching for an answer, always reading books, always investing in myself and the ways to be a better person.

I don’t believe in god anymore, I believe I am the breath of god. I am not scared anymore, I just trust. Being here, right now, is part of my travels. It’s the breathing of the divine. It’s like the waves in the sea. I am here and I’m everywhere.
  
I’m part of the generation that improvises. I’m part of the new world. I don’t know my exact destination, but I’m trying to be as conscious as I can in my choices. I mean it’s a choice to see the glass half full. It’s a choice to laugh at the cat when it does something that you don’t like instead of being angry with it. It’s a choice to look at a flock of birds in the sky while waiting for the bus.

I really don’t know much about the future. I really don’t want to be scared. My teacher Jonah says it will take courage to live. From what I understand there’s going to be some kind of ridicule for all of us who are spiritual and different. We have to stand forth. We have to have faith in ourselves and our improvising. And we might make a better world. Love, peace and happiness.

2 σχόλια:

  1. Σωστός ο Γιώργης. Η σκέψη του έχει προσπεράσει με επιτυχία τις κοινωνικές επιταγές.
    Είναι όμως επιλογές που κάνει ο καθένας ανάλογα και με το χαρακτήρα που έχει.
    Άλλος μπορεί να ζει έτσι, τόσο ελεύθερα κι αυθόρμητα κι άλλος έτσι αισθάνεται ανασφαλής και ψάχνει να χτίσει γύρω του φωλιές.
    Φυσικά και οι μεν και οι δε πρέπει να θυμούνται πάντα οτι τίποτα δεν είναι δεδομένο και να ζουν τη ζωή τους απολαμβάνοντας όλες τις στιγμές.
    Καλό απόγευμα.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Εύχομαι να σου πάνε όλα καλά στο άγνωστο που ετοιμάζεσαι να κολυμπήσεις .Σε θαυμάζω για την τόλμη σου.Καλή τύχη

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή