Κυριακή 14 Οκτωβρίου 2012

travellerlina revisited

When my teacher, Jonah, told me three years ago that my purpose in life is to be a traveller, I took the term "traveller" quite literally. For two years I named a blog travellerlina and set out to travel literally, no matter what the cost.

I did not hear my frends' voices who were saying that there is another meaning to travelling: travel gracefully through the coincidences and the deeds of life in a more general way.

Three years later, I come to consider and reconsider "travellerlina" the difficult name I have chosen for myself and no one can pronounce properly!

We are - I am - in constant movement. Life drives us here and there, we "travel" through the days and the months and the years... Whether we like it or not, we are not the same; moment after moment. Whether we get on a plane to fly somewhere or just day-dream looking at the ceiling, we are still on the move.

I still don't know what that teacher meant and I don't know whether I'll ever get the true meaning of his words. The one thing I have gained, though, is that I see eveything I do, every choice I make through the "travel" prism.

I always have my camera at hand. I am an eternal "tourist-traveller". In awe of my neighborhood. In awe of my city. I try to see everything as fresh and new as I would a foreign country. And believe me, there is beauty in the city I once thought as boring and ugly. I used to go through Athens trying to see it as a tourist would. And it gave me nice litte surprises always.

We are all travellers through life. So we may as well enjoy the process!

3 σχόλια:

  1. Πόσο δίκιο έχεις στην αναπροσαρμογή του ονόματος!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Νομίζω οτι μια χαρά κατάλαβες λοιπόν τι ήθελε να πει ο δάσκαλός σου.
    Κι αν εκείνος εννοούσε κάτι άλλο τελικά σημασία έχει αυτό που έχεις εσύ μες στην καρδιά σου.
    Κι αυτό το ίδιο για να φτάσεις στο σημείο να το καταλάβεις πέρασες μέσα από τα πραγματικά ταξίδια που έκανες αυτά τα χρόνια.
    Ταξίδι μέσα στο ταξίδι και πορεία μέσα στην πορεία.
    Από τουρίστρια- ταξιδεύτρια μέχρι να εκτιμήσεις το μεγάλο πραγματικό Ταξίδι.
    Πάντα τέτοια!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. AnD ένα μεγάλο ευχαριστώ που με συνοδεύεις σ' αυτό το ταξίδι και που συνεχίζεις το δικό σου όπως όλοι μας...
    Ανώνυμε, είναι μέρες τώρα που σκέφτομαι αυτό το post και επιτέλους βγήκε!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή