Τετάρτη 23 Νοεμβρίου 2011

From a distance

So last night I left the house. I took the dog and a suitcase and left. I'm sleeping at my best friend's house. Back in my old neighborhood.

Not even 24 hours away and I'm already feeling better.

No, I did not abandon him. I'm still going to go back. But it feels good to be away. To hear my friends talk about their new boyfriends and their parents and their problems and their schedules. It's good to listen to something different than radiation, chemotherapy, hospitals and drugs and special diets.

Thanks for all the support and comments...

7 σχόλια:

  1. Και είναι το καλύτερο που μπορείς να κάνεις αυτή την στιγμή. Για να βοηθήσεις πρέπει να βοηθήσεις τον εαυτό σου. Καλή τύχη

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Ευχαριστώ vam! Θεικό το ποστ με το μουσικόραμα...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Πάνε μήνες πολλοί από την τελευταία μας επικοινωνία, είχα κρατήσει το link σου, σε θυμήθηκα πρόσφατα και να'μαι...:)
    Νομίζω ότι για να μπορέσεις να βοηθήσεις όσους νοιάζεσαι, το οφείλεις στον εαυτό σου να είσαι πρώτα εσύ καλά.
    Καλή δύναμη σε ό,τι αποφασίσεις και ελπίζω να κρατήσουμε επαφή. Να 'σαι καλά...

    δ
    simplepleasures4d.blogspot.com

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Dear Elina, have been thinking of you and your heartbreaking situation and missing you this harvest. I am so pleased to read of the care you are taking of yourself. Your journey right now is one of extremes far beyond your control, so keeping yourself centered and sane and creative is vital, and as you have shown us all, as easy as stepping back and taking a deep breath. And writing - I am still filled with laughter at your comment about mothers being so angry after taking care of everything and everyone ... oh, you are so right! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I am just here in Tuscania in the shop packing boxes and listening to Stefano sing along with the radio. Best wishes, Stephanie

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Ahh Stephanie! And Stefano! And everyone! how I miss you too and Jim's breathtaking cooking!
    Yes, I'm trying my best to be creative amongst the hurricane...
    Δεσποινα καλως σε βρήκα πάλι!
    Road artist Ξέρω ότι είσαι εδώ πάντα...

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή