Σάββατο 30 Οκτωβρίου 2010

Back from Assisi

Wow! I'm having a fantastic time out here!

Yesterday, we left Tuscania with Meg, Logan and Tim for Assisi. She got us a mini Cooper, one of those new ones, you know? It was white and sooo cute! Of course it was too small to fit 4 people and their luggage and we were packed in there but, who cares! It was like we were starring in an Italian movie and we were the stars - A Greek and three American youngsters. We stuck like glue and it felt like I was with friends I knew for ages... So we headed for Assisi and we were told it's the most holy place in all Italy. Although I consider myself to be spiritual rather than religious, it was all I expected. The town was built on a hill and it was overlooking a valley. We walked in the streets and had a capuccino in the bright hot sun...

We talked a lot and we laughed a lot and we had the most wonderful dinner with pasta and black truffles! I don't think I had black truffles before and these were very very cheap, I mean, 9 euros for gnocchi with gorgonzola and black truffle??? I call that cheap. Two bottles of red wine and... around the dinner table we talked about... everything! Food, sexuality, spirituality, emotions, senses... It's like people connect over nice wine and nice food. I feel I'm in a path of self-exellency... Parallel lives which come toghether to share and explore and learn more about things they never even thought of. I felt young and full and rich - maybe wealthy is a better word!

In Assisi you see nuns in their nun outfits driving trucks and mopeds and every single one of them will smile at you and say "ciao!" or "buongiorno!". Religion aside, its the most spiritual city I've ever been too. There is serenity and beauty... When we finished dinner we joked about going to the disco and dancing but everyone was too tired to do that. but, what we wished for was just there. People dancing in the streets and playing the drums and it turned out to be a festival of young fransiscans having fun on the streets! We asked for a party and there it was and we walked straight in it! Now that is what I call creating your own reality...

Anyway, next morning we visited the Basilica of St Francis where he was buried and down at his tomb there was this aura of a little holy guy (sorry if I'm offending anyone, that's not what I mean) who loves animals and nature and he is as holy as we all are.

Purchase
It was wonderful. And these friends are going to stay in my heart forever. Meg - who at first thought was a bit abnoxious but she turned out to be the smartest, hands on, witty, fun loving lady. Logan, such a kind, generous, deep thinking with an incredible sense of humor man. And Tim, insightful, cool, soul searching man... I had an incredible time with you and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! I'm so very jealous that they are going to Sienna and Florence next, but I have already been there and I'm glad to be back to my olives!

4 σχόλια:

  1. σου το είχα πει ότι η assisi είναι πολύ όμορφη πόλη! μπράβο που περνάς τέλεια! φιλάκια πολλά!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. After all it's people that make us happy
    Salonica

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!
    Also see my web page :: Plan My Baby Review

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή