Παρασκευή 22 Οκτωβρίου 2010

Tired

Although emotionally I am really well and content, all my muscles hurt... I do try to strech every night, but still, olives are a hard bussiness... At the moment it's only 4 of us working, but hopefully, after the Terra Madre conference in Torino, some more volunteers are coming to help. I would like to cook for everyone instead of being on the field all day long...

What I am doing on the field is that I am setting the nets on the ground and getting the olives itno crates. This invloves a lot of sitting on the ground and listening to Stefano talk or sing.Stefano is a simple village guy who talks a lot, but repeats the same things over and over again... He is 45 and still lives with his mom and he is in love with his car. He makes me laugh, but after eight hours of Stefano, I feel like I have been with a child who needs attention!I guess he mirrors the child in me who does not want to work at all and wants to be cared for by a mother...

Last night I paid a visit to  the olive mill which is 45 minutes away. They will start pressing the oils tomorrow and Lorenzo is always the first to have his olives pressed. Tommorow, I'm definately going to the mill. And,  hopefully, we wiil have a big party on Sunday and we will taste some fresh olive oil! I can hardly wait...

Here are the ladders that I'm so scared of... I almost fell off twice yesterday, so I'm skipping the ladders for now!

1 σχόλιο:

  1. εμενα μου αρεσει και το πρωι να τεντονομαι,σαν γατα...!

    πολυ μου αρεσε αυτο...ποσο δικιο εχεις...
    'I guess he mirrors the child in me who does not want to work at all'

    οσο για την σκαλα εχω να σου πω ,καθε αρχη και δυσκολη.δες το σαν ασκηση.εχεις επιγνωση του σωματος σου,επομενως διατηρεις την ισσοροπια σου.
    και μην κοιτας κατω!

    ε.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή