Δευτέρα 19 Δεκεμβρίου 2022

Dakhla, day five

 Tuesday, December 6th

Today is the big day that we will go see the White Dune with a quad, otherwise known as four-wheeler.

I'm so exhited that we are goint to see something other than our sandy beaches!

I have already seen the photos on instagram and google and I really wanna go.

They come pick us up and we realise we are not alone. It's me and K. as well as three other people, a Spanish girl and two boys, German and French.

We arrive at the rental place, Dakhla Ride Adventures and I quickly realised that our fellow quadders have one leg each. I have so much respect for people that have a handicap and they don't stop following their hearts and dreams! 

These people came to dakhla to kite surf but with the lack of wind they took the same decision to come see the White Dune on a quad. They told us it is difficult to walk in the sand with a mechanical leg but they'll try to do it anyway. 

The girl rode with the french guy behind her and the german guy was alone. 

Off we go! It was the first time I was on a quad and I was scared, because in the Greek islands I always hear of all the horror stories about people who have accidents because they don't know how to drive it. Our guide told us to be resonable, to ride one behind the other and not to drift. Follow the rules and everything would be ok. 

K. is a good driver and I am confident but it took me a while to relax and enjoy the ride. At some point I even took my phone out to take some pictures!

After half an hour on our quads, we arrive at the White Dune and it is better than any picture. The wind is really strong. Our kite surfers are furious because their precious wind is here and not in the lagoon! It is really a white dune in the middle of nowhere, a weird sand formation in the middle of the sea. 
I take our my shoes and I climbe this little hill, anxious to see the view from up there. I wish these photos capture the breathtaking splendour of this place. 
I want to write my name on the sand! I am Elina and I am a traveller. This is what I am. 
Off we go for the reat of our dessert ride adventure. this time we can go crazy with the quads, our gide takes us on the dunes of the desert and we can run around the sand like crazy! K. is really enjoying himself when we speeds up the dunes and we are laughing crazy with adrenaline! What a ride really! amazing desert craziness.
The girl asked to stop to surf on the sand - you go up a sandy hill and you let yourself slide - so we stopped. 
I took the opportunity to take pictures and do my special sand angel. It's almost Christmas back home and people are creating angels in the snow with their bodies. I did the smae thing on the warm virgin sand!
What a wonderful day! What a week! What an experience! I have no choise but to add more and more exclamation marks although I know it's not very literary. Being in the desert is really something else. I really enjoy all we are doing here and I am grateful. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου