Δευτέρα 19 Δεκεμβρίου 2022

Dakhla, day three and four

Sunday 4th December
No fog this morning.
Had breakfast and looked at the weather.
No wind again today and I feel K. is nervous, frustrated and sad. He tries to handle it, he does not like doing nothing.
Our options are not numerous, we can either walk on the beach in front of us or the beach behind us.
We don't want to go far away in case the wind goes up.
So this day is simple. In the morning we go in the right of the beach (another 2 hours of walking), swiming pool before lunch, and the afternoon we went on the left, towards the hotels that are in front of us in the bay of the Dakhla lagoon. Dakhla started with a single hotel and now they are building massive hotels in the opposite side of Dakhla Evasion, our hotel. It's going to be crazy once they are all booked!
The day had more shells for my collection and some wonderful images. 
In the absence of wind, the birds of the lagoon are sitting still, quietly eating shells in the sand. I do wish I had a better camera to capture the birds, but it's ok! We even saw a crab! I'll put here some of my favorite photos of the day.

Monday, 5 December
Groundhog day
The wind is still not here and we need to just accept it. 
We will return to the ocean behind us, this time by another path - ahem no paths here remember? - any way, instead of going south, we are going north and turning towards the ocean. 
In my head there is a constant cringing. "what the fuck am I doing here" "Why am I walking in this heat" "I hate the desert" "I'm tired" like a child.
Around us yellow sand, blue sky and our favorite electric towers.
Once you start feeling the ocean, everything is finished. You see the waves crushing and the birds playing and you forget everything. No more bad thoughts, I am really happy that I got my two feet moving and came here. This time we did not go down towards the beach, we only watched the ocean from a height. And it was amazing!
in the extreme right, the rock
we already visited two days ago 
Here you realise how little you are and how big and strong nature is. No camera is strong enough, no words are expressive enough to describe what we saw. The earth's heartbeat is in the coming and going of the waves, kilometers of sand, cliffs made of sand by the wind and the water... I will never forget this sensation of power. 
Remember how I love love looove the virgin sand?? Here it's my canvas and I'll write my name on it! I was there! Like a kid I wrote my name, an ephemeral work of art which will fade with the elements, but in my photos, my heart it will stay forever! My name is Elina and I am a traveller.
Going back the sun is really hot and agressive. This is when you realise the style of the desert tribes. I had no choise but to cover my head and face. I was already wearing long sleeves and long trousers despite the heat. Do you think I look like a berber? 
Days are passing by slowly like the song. The living is easy. Nice food, warm weather, toes in the sand... We are in a paradise. We have lost any hope that the wind is going to go up. K. is slowly accepting the fact that he is not going to kite and he is relaxing more and more in this vacation, doing nothing mood.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου