Δευτέρα 5 Ιουλίου 2010

Back to the city for three days

Last night I was gifted with something I never experienced before. The birth of a new fold. I was pretty sure that Marika would have her baby while I would be away. But she gifted me with having her baby girl the night before I left for the city... Amanda called me in the middle of the night to tell me that Marika had given birth. So, between my states of being asleep and awake, I went into the stable to see. The baby foal was lying there, trying to get up on its feet and Marika was licking it to clear off the natal fluids. It was so sweet... This morning the baby was standing up and drinking milk off Marika.

Being out in open field for a month now - I have started travelling on the 5th of June - it is difficult for me to get back to the hot dirty city. Its ok, I can handle it for three and a half days. Besides its nice to have internet access and a clean floor and a supermarket near. Quite trivial, one could say and I would have to agree. There is nothing to compare to nature.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου