Σάββατο 4 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

Heading to Rome tomorrow

When I first came here, the sun was up at 6.30 in the morning. Now it’s seven in the morning and it’s still dark.

Tomorrow I am leaving. I packed my bags and I am ready to discover Rome. I always thought that one needs at least a month just to get the idea of what Rome is like.

I did get an idea two days ago, when I went to deliver some of Lorenzo's stuff. But I did not get out of the car so all my photos are from the car. Still, it llooked pretty impressive!

I have four days. Sunday to Wednesday. I’ll play tourist this time. I’ll walk around and see the sites. I’ll eat pizza and gelato. I may even try a restaurant. I want to see at least one real Caravaggio. And one Bellini, and maybe one Michelangelo. Rome is full of art. Antiquity, to Renaissance, to Christianity. Isn’t it funny, that the Romans were so severely against the Christians and still Rome became the biggest center of Catholicism? The center of Europe, the center of manipulating mass consciousness by religion and fear… Sorry to all religious people out there, but I refuse to believe in a God that will punish you if you don’t do certain things. I prefer to believe that I am my own God and I can create my own reality. Maybe that is why I haven’t been to Rome yet.

Let’s see the feeling I get from the city. My friend Stephanie drw me a couple of maps of her favorite places in Rome. I can't wait to go to her favorite pizzeria! Tomorrow then...

4 σχόλια: