Τετάρτη 2 Ιουνίου 2010

Children


I had an encounter today with two children.
Curious about my dog.
Afraid of my dog.
Big eyes looking around them with curiosity.
No parents around, they were free to express themselves.
I decided to listen very carefully.
Learn from them.
They are afraid, but they want to try.
And they feel grateful for whatever you allow them to do.

I trusted the little girl to take the leash and walk around the park with me and my big friendly dog. I saw her taking it very seriously. A usual walk had become an adventure! She was proud and laughing. She had that awe in her eyes...

I wonder how much time we - adults - spend looking around us in awe, for all the "usual" things that are going on around us!
How much love and responsibility we are allowing our children. How much love and responsibility we were allowed as children. How many times other people "new better" and they did not listen to us...

Even now, in my thirties, I feel like a child. I look at the sky in awe about a great, dramatic sunset. Even now, I see blossoming trees and smell their fragrance. And I feel great! I see people smiling and I smile back at them. Like a child.

Some people don't like this very much. And they don't stay around much. They can't stand a smiling adult child. They can't stand happinness... It's a pity, but I cannot do much about them. It's their choise. I love them anyway. That's why they go away.
I kiss them goodbye...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου