Πέμπτη 10 Ιουνίου 2010

Earth

I have been involved today in taking care of tomato plants here in the farm. Tomato plants need support in order to stay high and not crawl on the ground.
How many times have I eaten tomatoes back in the city and never have thought that someone has to bend down and take care of them, take the weed out.
It takes a lot of muscle strength. It requires a strong back. It has a different smell than - say - pepper plants. And cucumber plants! they grow high but they are heavy so we needed to put supports for them as well.
As I was taking care of the tomato plants, I felt a connection. I now love them and I will be very happy when the tomatos are ready. I have developed a personal relationship with the plants!
The earth gives you if you love it.
I'm so tired, I cannot even write properly...
Physicality unstrengthens the spirit.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου