Κυριακή 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

Travelling through the city of Athens

Meanwhile I use buses and the metro to travel around the city.
All these people, what are they thinking?
All this noise from all these mechanic devises.
All the grafiti on the walls.
The smell of pollution. Gas.
Athens is not a beautiful city. It's dirty and polluted.
Yet it is the city that bred my dreams.
It's the city I was dreaming about when I was a teenager.
I spent my twenties here.
I was proud to be living here.
I knew all the bus routes and then I discovered I could move around on a bicycle.

And now I feel I need to leave my little box I call home. This city has become too noisy for me. This city is too dark for me. Too crowded. Too dirty.

I guess it served my previous, darker self. Thank you Athens. I met some wonderful people here. I met great friends. Goodbye Athens. Will you be the same when I come back? Will you have changed? Who knows...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου